The area that was chosen for the survey was the Campo Santa Margherita and the allies surrounding it. the boundaries of the district are the canals surrounding it and the basilica chiesa dei carmine (in its west side)
Camp Santa Margherita is situated in the district of Dorsoduro and named after the deconsecrated church of Santa Margherita in the north of the campo. It is characterized by typical popular Venetian architecture and before 1863 there was a river (Scoazzera) in the south of the campo, but it got buried.The Scuola dei Varoteri (1725) is a building that is now in the middle of the campo, bounded with the waterway before.
SIT map -the marked houses were built before the 18th century
SIT map -the marked houses were built in the 18th century
SIT map -the marked houses were built in the 19th century